Tasty Jackfruit Taco Recipe:
This recipe is perfect for a weeknight when you want something tasty and healthy but don’t have a lot of time. Upton’s and the Jackfruit Company also marinate their jackfruit ahead of time so you really don’t have to add that much flavor to them, but as someone who loves spicy, flavorful food, I still add many spices to fully bring out the flavor. You can easily eat these fajitas in a corn tortilla as a taco or just in a bowl by itself with some toppings. Either way it will be delicious.
If you try one of my recipes, I would love if you could tag it on Instagram or FB @chivegfood!
See here for my Jackfruit Taco Recipe:
Tasty Jackfruit Fajitas Taco Recipe
- 1 10 oz package Upton's Jackfruit or the Jackfruit company
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1/2 lb mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 poblano pepper (sliced)
- 1 serrano pepper (diced and seeded - add another one if you like spice!)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 avocado (optional for slices or guacamole)
- 2 tbsp vegan or dairy cheese of your choice (Violife has vegan cheddar for tacos)
- 3 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 6 corn tortillas
- Chop the onion, mushrooms, poblano, serrano garlic, and cilantro.
- Add the onions, let them sauté for about 2-3 minutes till translucent.
- Then add the poblano pepper, serrano, and mushrooms and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Then add the garlic and stir for about 1 more minute.
- Once the vegetables are properly sautéed, then add all of the spices, season to taste.
- Sauté the jackfruit with the vegetables for about 7 minutes making sure that the jackfruit is tender and has absorbed the flavors. You might want to add more spices to the jackfruit as well. I usually do but see how you feel about the spice level first.
- Sprinkle some cilantro on top and your fajitas are ready for a tortilla or a bowl!
Spices: I like my food spicier so I usually add more spice than this, but whatever works for your palette . I usually add more paprika and chili powder.
Jackfruit: I haven’t worked with canned jackfruit before but I would marinate it ahead of time for about 30 minutes.
Refried beans: If you like refried beans, you can put them on the bottom of your taco and layer it with the jackfruit.
Hungry for more? Click here for more recipes!