Read below for my Thai Yellow Vegetable Curry Recipe:
One of my favorite foods is Thai food and one of my favorite dishes of all time is a comforting, thick vegetable-forward Thai curry. But why not add tofu to this lovely mélange of vegetables? Check out my recipe for a quick, yet mouthwateringly delicious Thai yellow vegetable curry recipe featuring eggplant, red pepper, and tofu!
If you try one of my recipes, I would love if you could tag it on Instagram or FB @chivegfood! Would also love if you could rate and review my recipes as well after trying them!
Thai Yellow Vegetable Curry Recipe
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1.5 tbsp five spice marinade
- 1.5 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1.75 16 oz cans coconut milk (full fat)
- 2.5 tbsp red curry paste (if you don't eat shellfish, make sure your paste is vegan)
- 4 tbsp thin soy sauce (fish sauce is fine if you aren't vegetarian)
- 2.5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2.5 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1 tbsp corn starch mixed with water for a paste
- 1 eggplant (diced)
- 1 red pepper (thinly sliced into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 green onion stalk (chopped)
- 2 dashes chili oil (to taste)
- Jasmine rice or noodles for serving
- 2 tbsp cilantro (loosely chopped)
- Drain your tofu for at least 30 minutes. Wrap it in a paper towel on top of a chopping board and put something heavy on top of it (a tea kettle works). While it's draining, you can work on your vegetable prep.
- Once it has been drained, chop your tofu into 1 inch pieces.
- Sauté the tofu for about 3-5 minutes on each side flipping over once and add the tamari and five spice marinade to lightly coat.
- When your tofu is done cooking, set aside, and chop each piece in half so it is smaller for the curry.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Chop the eggplant and red pepper. Lay them on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt/pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes (flipping halfway) – the eggplant doesn’t need to be 100% cooked since it’ll cook more in the curry. While it's baking, you can start your curry.
- Chop your ginger, garlic, cilantro, and green onion. When your curry has thickened, add you’re the eggplant and red pepper. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your garlic/ginger to the curry and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Season to taste and drizzle with chili oil for an added kick. Garnish with cilantro and green onion.
- Serve with jasmine rice or noodles!
- If you want some kick, chop up a Serrano pepper and add it to half a cup of white vinegar. Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- If you like more spice in the curry, add more red curry paste and chili oil.
- If you want your curry to be more yellow, add more turmeric.
- If you want your curry to be thinner, add more vegetable broth.
- If you want your curry to be thicker, add more corn starch.
This recipe was inspired by Night Market.
Hungry for more recipes, check them out here.