Vegan Eggplant Dijon Broccoli Recipe: Healthy and quick
I love eggplant and dijon mustard so why not put them together? The flavors of this dish are Indian, “Middle Eastern”, and French. I love combining these different flavors together to make a comforting dish that features the textures and flavors of essential vegetables. This is also a great weeknight recipe as it cooks quite fast! Enjoy!
- For cooking supplies and food – check out my Amazon storefront page!
If you try one of my recipes, I would love if you could tag it on Instagram or FB @chivegfood!
Dijon Eggplant Broccoli
- 1 eggplant (chopped)
- 1 head broccoli (chopped)
- 1 cup cannellini beans (dried or canned)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2-3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2-3 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp rosemary
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tsp green onion
- 1 bunch dill (chopped)
- 10 green olives (chopped in half)
- Chop the eggplant so each slice is about 1/4 inch thick. Think small-medium sized circles.
- Sauté the eggplant on each side for about 4 minutes each until charred. Take the eggplant out of the pan when it’s ready.
- In the same pan, start sautéing your broccoli for about 3 minutes until charred on medium heat and add half of the olive oil. Then add some garlic and lower the heat.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve with rice pilaf, couscous or basmati rice!
- If you are super busy, you can just chop and sauté the eggplant. You don’t have to let the eggplant sweat.
- You can also add soy butter instead of olive oil if you are running low on olive oil.
- Click here for more recipes with eggplant!